.

.

Friday, December 19, 2014

The First Piece of the Puzzle

This build has always been about making a light weight tube frame sports car in my garage like the Locost 7.  Though I haven't decided on the body yet, there are certain dimensions and standards I can design to if I'm going to drop a 30's or 40's truck cab into the mix.  The real challenge in building a custom frame is figuring out a completely unique suspension design.  For me, this problem was solved by using an existing system I liked.

I've chosen to use a Mazda RX8 front and rear sub frame.  I like Mazda suspension and this particular suspension system is a particularly good one.  I grabbed these two frames from a local JDM shop for a few hundred bucks.  All subframe components including brakes are included in the price so this was a good way to start out.  Later I'll publish my cost log so you can see some of these components and their price tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment